AusBream Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Members Boat | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Classifieds
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bream Rigs
 Fit outs and Setups
 PIMP MY RYDE!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

lazyboy80
20cm Bream

Australia
72 Posts

Member No: #2231

Posted - 25 Oct 2010 :  10:43:36 PM  Show Profile Send lazyboy80 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The time has finally come to pimp up the explorer.

Looking for some advise or opinions on my planned set up. Its a 385 I think its a pretty standard set up. I'll get frame welded in. Rear deck with fuel and small battery to run sounder and lights etc and a bit of storage. Front deck with either livewell or battery for leccy and storage. Plus thinking of extending the front deck towards the rear by 300mm for livewell and storage or battery and storage. Carpet the seats which will obviously form part of the front and rear decks. Plus a Full floor between seats/decks.

It'll have a 25 pushing it. I guess the thing i really want opinions on is the position of the livewell. I think extending and putting it there is best, however the dimensions will only be about 700mm or 800mm by 350mm deep by 250mm or 300mm wide. The livewell probably isn't a necessity right now but thought it would be good for down the track and dont want to have to stuff around later can just get one made up and drop it in.

Image Insert:

86.79 KB

Any advice or problems people have encountered greatly appreciated guys.

Thanks heaps.

And thanks for the PM RYANO.

60% of the time it works every time

ShaneO_27
30cm Bream

Australia
469 Posts

Member No: #2515

Posted - 25 Oct 2010 :  11:05:43 PM  Show Profile Send ShaneO_27 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I reccommend putting the battery in the front right hatch, closer to leccy easier with the leads etc. Similar setup to my boat if you want any info or pics of my setup just let me know, give you some ideas maybe.

My rod is my arm.

Edited by - ShaneO_27 on 25 Oct 2010 11:12:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

bmar560
30cm Bream

Australia
246 Posts

Member No: #452

Posted - 26 Oct 2010 :  09:47:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit bmar560's Homepage Send bmar560 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I can suggest not to put the batteries to far to the front. You'll bang it a lot more if it's up front and that's not good for the battery cells.
I have mine in the middle of the boat. Ideally it should be towards the rear but you'd probably need to find bigger gauge cables if you put it near the transom.
Your boat will ride better too without that extra weight upfront.

cheers,
Mario
http://users.tpg.com.au/adsly8a7
Go to Top of Page

nathanl

Australia
1027 Posts

Member No: #1984

Posted - 26 Oct 2010 :  10:13:32 AM  Show Profile Send nathanl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mate, you have got basically exactly what I want to do to my 3.7m tinny (when I get the time). There is another post from a while back about decking out a 385 like yours that I posted my plans on.

http://www.ausbream.com.au/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7033

I'm not doing a livewell but I would put it behind the front thwart and as for battery, I would go the middle of your front hatches.

cheers,
Nathan
Go to Top of Page

lazyboy80
20cm Bream

Australia
72 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2010 :  8:46:35 PM  Show Profile Send lazyboy80 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the input lads.

Yeah Nathan I saw your plan in that post, maybe pinched a couple of ideas

I'll post up pics of the process. Just can't wait to get the boat back on the water.

Go to Top of Page

Aidos
30cm Bream

260 Posts

Member No: #3000

Posted - 26 Oct 2010 :  9:01:15 PM  Show Profile Send Aidos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
looks great, good luck with it
Go to Top of Page

coolsy
30cm Bream

Australia
234 Posts

Member No: #1186

Posted - 26 Oct 2010 :  11:42:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit coolsy's Homepage Send coolsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
looks very similar to the set up of my 370. i have one big drop down lid (no hinges) at the front where i keep my batteries for the electric and PFD's which works really well. i have the tank in the same spot and mine rides really nicely. only thing i could suggest is maybe think about putting the sounder up the front, that way you can see it while on the foward casting deck or pretty clearly while driving.

good luck with the project, building and designing your own ride is second only to actually fishing on it!
Go to Top of Page

nathanl

Australia
1027 Posts

Member No: #1984

Posted - 27 Oct 2010 :  08:53:45 AM  Show Profile Send nathanl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lazyboy80
Yeah Nathan I saw your plan in that post, maybe pinched a couple of ideas

No problems mate, they're not exactly original ideas.

cheers,
Nathan
Go to Top of Page

lazyboy80
20cm Bream

Australia
72 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2011 :  7:16:06 PM  Show Profile Send lazyboy80 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

The frame has been welded in (thanks heaps to ryano for his help there). Have cut out the sections for the floor and the front deck. Man what a tedious job!!!

I was just going to seal the ply with some natural decking oil would this be OK? I am going to use quik grip to glue the carpet down but am unsure if it will stick to the ply after it has had the decking oil applied to it????

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Jason.

Go to Top of Page

lazyboy80
20cm Bream

Australia
72 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2011 :  8:04:55 PM  Show Profile Send lazyboy80 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

Well between working, bad weather and a baby being born (a mates not mine) finally have the bream buster finished (sort of may still put a rear deck in). Makes a huge difference on the water alot more fishing friendly. Had it out a few times still running the motor in but even with the extra weight it pops up onto the plane easy as. Big thanks to Ryan and me mate Mudcrab both a huge help and it would not have come up as good as it did without them. Anyway here is some pics.

Image Insert:

70.11 KB
Blank Canvas.

Image Insert:

85.14 KB
Image Insert:

61.48 KB
Floor frame and front frame. Also riveted some extra supports on the front frame for the hatch.

Image Insert:

81.38 KB
Finally a good fit!!

Image Insert:

76.56 KB
What a freakin mess!

Image Insert:

87.41 KB
Shelter.

Image Insert:

85.06 KB
Image Insert:

84.38 KB
Image Insert:

77.41 KB
Image Insert:

73.89 KB
Image Insert:

86.11 KB
Finished product!! We made a little "sparrows hutch" for the sounder to sit on and to mount the switch panel into. The sounder has a swivel mount so I can spin it round for when I'm at business end

Thanks for reading Jason.

Go to Top of Page

Aidos
30cm Bream

260 Posts

Member No: #3000

Posted - 09 May 2011 :  9:30:52 PM  Show Profile Send Aidos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks great mate, good onya
Go to Top of Page

JohnT
40cm Bream Bluenose

Australia
867 Posts

Member No: #129

Posted - 10 May 2011 :  1:48:10 PM  Show Profile Send JohnT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a great job Jason, you have to be happy with that. It's a great feeling to do it all yourself (with the help of some mates) and get on the water in the finished product.

Cheers

John.
Go to Top of Page

whipper
Cockney

8 Posts

Member No: #1553

Posted - 10 May 2011 :  6:43:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit whipper's Homepage Send whipper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nice ride. well done with the fitout.

whipper
Go to Top of Page

ryano
10cm Bream

Australia
48 Posts

Member No: #2618

Posted - 10 May 2011 :  9:00:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit ryano's Homepage Send ryano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well done on the fit out Jason it looks a million bucks!

JUST KEEP ON FLICK'N
Go to Top of Page

flayflay
Cockney

Australia
1 Posts

Member No: #5385

Posted - 01 Dec 2016 :  09:46:43 AM  Show Profile Send flayflay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi lazyboy80, i have just seen your pics and they look great i have recently brought the same boat. i was checking your front deck out have u got photos on how u setup the front

thanks man
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBream Forums © 2000-2014 AusBream.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000