AusBream Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Members Boat | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Classifieds
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bream Rigs
 Bream Boats and Kayaks
 Skeeter - TZX 190
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Chopper
Stonker

Australia
1422 Posts

Member No: #6

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  6:10:31 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Chopper's MSN Messenger address Send Chopper a Private Message
I had the sheer pleasure of seeing and riding in Skeeters TZX 190 yesterday. An awesome rig powered by a 175 Mercury. Andy H had brought the beast down to the Nepean an it was an experience I won't be forgetting for a long time.

The boys pulled up along side us and at first site the boat looked stable and well thought out. 2 x 8 foot rod lockers, huge live wells, a console and dash that's more suited to a luxury car, sounder up front which was mounted to another minuture dash also consisting of Minn Kota outlet and tilt and trim switch for the rear donk. Pleny of other storage for tackle, life jackets, safety gear and anything else you could think of bringing along. Under the passengers seat was a built in esky, under the drivers seat, more dry storage for cameras and the like. Each and every hatch was lockable as well. If I thought the rig looked stable when I first saw it, having Andy and his other 2 mates all stand on one side convinced me that this thing was as solid as a rock.

After Neil initially refused a ride on the Skeeter, I jumped at the opportunity when asked. We started off nice and easy and I was advised to take my hat off and store it in the glove box. Andy then planted his foot down and the Merc roared to life, shooting the Skeeter up and out of the hole in a flash. At about 68mph, Andy was telling me that he couldn't rev over 5500rpm as the 21" stainless prop was incorrect in size and in fact they should be running a 23" stainless which should see them getting close to the 80mph mark Now, most know the Nepean up past the narrows, it's probably about 40 metres wide. Andy locked the steering wheel hard right, backed down to about 40mph and this beast just took the u-turn as easy as you'd like - no cavitation, no chine walking, just like it was on rails. Me on the other hand had blood rushing to my head at a rate of knots and a smile so big I was picking flies and mossies out of my teeth for about 2 hours afterwards . Actually, I think my head spinning so wildly wasn't blood rushing up there, could of been love at first sight .

The best was yet to come - Andy asked if I'd like to take the wheel for the ride back, and before he could change his mind, I had my arse sitting in the drivers seat and my shoe locked into the hot foot. At this stage, we'd given Neil a decent head start, and after my initial tentiveness behind the wheel, I let the Merc have it . I'm sure Neil stuck the finger up as we passed him with consumate ease, but at the rate we were travelling, it looked like he was sticking three blurry fingers up at us .

Back at the ramp and on the trailer, I got to have a closer look at this boats fine lines. One thing that struck me was the attention to detail on all the minor things that made this boat an awesome package.

Thanks once again for the opportunity to ride and drive a truely phenominal rig Andy.

Cheers,
Billy K.

Edited by - Chopper on 23 Apr 2005 6:14:15 PM

tony
30cm Bream

137 Posts

Member No: #27

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  6:57:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit tony's Homepage Send tony a Private Message
Chopper,

Now that sounds like a fun day, The big boats are a pleasure to fish and most likely the pick of the bunch.
Me i like the smaller 17 1/2 foot baby. If there was a 115 E-tec i would most likely have it in my garage.

Although it is nice to have that speed there but you dont need to use it.not all the time anyway.

A mate just rang me today,he was on his way to Somerset Dam to run his 115 Optimax in on the back of his new SX180 Skeeter. Lucky fellow.

This is the smaller one i think is more suited to our local rivers and lakes,,,,,unless you fish Glenbawn or such places.

Image Insert:

31.57 KB

Tony
Go to Top of Page

Ret Admin
Ret. Admin

Australia
1300 Posts

Member No: #1

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  7:07:18 PM  Show Profile Send Ret Admin a Private Message
Evinrude (our newest sponsor ) will soon have some exciting E-Tecs to bolt on the back of these babies..

The above pic in Tony's post is the one that Chopper and I have a good look over. Just checking the dimensions to make sure she fits next to the other boat at home
Go to Top of Page

tony
30cm Bream

137 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  7:24:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit tony's Homepage Send tony a Private Message
Neil,

Your new nick name is Zorrow from now on

Tony
Go to Top of Page

Chopper
Stonker

Australia
1422 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  7:45:03 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Chopper's MSN Messenger address Send Chopper a Private Message
Tony,

As Neil has said, we had a look over that boat you have pictured in your reply back at the factory. Wouldn't it look smick with the 115 E-Tec strapped to the back of it

After seeing these two units, it was hard to walk into my garage just knowing there was a 400 Hornet in there. Was a sad sight it was in comparison to these Skeeters

Cheers,
Billy K.
Go to Top of Page

bassifier
Stonker

Australia
2291 Posts

Member No: #7

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  7:52:23 PM  Show Profile Send bassifier a Private Message
Any pics in motion guys?

Cheers.
Richard Robson.
Go to Top of Page

Chopper
Stonker

Australia
1422 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  7:59:24 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Chopper's MSN Messenger address Send Chopper a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by bassifier

Any pics in motion guys?

No, sorry Rich. Neil forgot his camera at home so I pulled mine out only to realise that the batteries were flat

Cheers,
Billy K.
Go to Top of Page

bassifier
Stonker

Australia
2291 Posts

Member No: #7

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  8:11:12 PM  Show Profile Send bassifier a Private Message
both sacked

Cheers.
Richard Robson.
Go to Top of Page

Ret Admin
Ret. Admin

Australia
1300 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  8:21:49 PM  Show Profile Send Ret Admin a Private Message
We are doing a shoot on Tuesday at the river.. Pics then..
Go to Top of Page

Mick P
40cm Bream Bluenose

Australia
682 Posts

Member No: #44

Posted - 24 Apr 2005 :  6:34:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mick P's Homepage Send Mick P a Private Message
What time ?????
Go to Top of Page

Andyh
30cm Bream

Australia
117 Posts

Member No: #289

Posted - 24 Apr 2005 :  6:45:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Andyh's Homepage Send Andyh a Private Message
Mick,

We will be on the water from 10.30am on Tues, you are more than welcome to come for a look and a ride.

Thanks
Andrew...
Go to Top of Page

capo
20cm Bream

Australia
96 Posts

Member No: #123

Posted - 24 Apr 2005 :  9:39:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit capo's Homepage Send capo a Private Message
So does the 17 and a half footer really need 115 horses or would it go fine with a 90? What sort of speed will the thing do with the 115???

Keith
Go to Top of Page

trackka
20cm Bream

Australia
53 Posts

Member No: #429

Posted - 25 Apr 2005 :  07:04:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit trackka's Homepage Send trackka a Private Message
Capo, I just purchased a SX180 skeeter, we bolted a 115 optimax on it on friday. We tried a 19" four blade prop on it and we got 48.2 mph on gps, and it was cutting out on rev limiter. I'm waiting on a lazer prop 3 blade 20" or 22" to try, should get over 50mph. I can tell you this,I have been in a lot of boats over the years both alley and fibreglass in ski,race and fishing boats and nothing compares to this boat. The great thing about the skeeter package is that it turns up as a fishing package and thats exactly what you get,everthing in the works as it should. Electric motor,sounders,livewell, no need for adjustments or refits just add water and start fishing. Biggest problem, you wont get much fishing done at first, because or you will want to do is drive the boat. Only needs one word "AWESOME". Cheers Wayne
Go to Top of Page

capo
20cm Bream

Australia
96 Posts

Member No: #123

Posted - 25 Apr 2005 :  12:46:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit capo's Homepage Send capo a Private Message
Thanks for the info Wayne sounds like a rocket and I dont want to think about the speed of the larger one that started this thread.

Keith
Go to Top of Page

tony
30cm Bream

137 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2005 :  10:53:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit tony's Homepage Send tony a Private Message
This goes with that ! first pic i have seen anyway of the 115 e-tec

Image Insert:

32.98 KB

Image Insert:

29.53 KB

Tony
Go to Top of Page

Ret Admin
Ret. Admin

Australia
1300 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2005 :  10:58:18 PM  Show Profile Send Ret Admin a Private Message
Hey Tony,

Is it not the sweetest thing your seen!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBream Forums © 2000-2014 AusBream.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000