AusBream Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Members Boat | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Classifieds
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Talkin' Tackle
 Rods, Reels and Lines
 $400 chrissy present
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Waiwurri
30cm Bream

Australia
344 Posts

Member No: #516

Posted - 26 Nov 2009 :  9:31:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Waiwurri's Homepage Send Waiwurri a Private Message
Going to buy my Chrissy pressent from my family and going for a new rod and reel I think for around $400 what do you recommend. . .

Things I'm looking
1 - light, both rod and reel
2 - ease & length of casting
3 - a bit of muscle to turn a cranky bream away from the racks
4 - prefer 1 piece ????
5 - thinking around a reel size of 1000?

Looking forward to your responses . . .

Cheers Scott
Nitro 640 LX
PopperN

Joker
30cm Bream

Australia
169 Posts

Member No: #2066

Posted - 27 Nov 2009 :  06:30:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Joker's Homepage Send Joker a Private Message
Hey Scott, there's a heap of good outfits you could put together for a round that money, as no doub tyou'll find out in this forum, everyone has their own take on things, so I'll throw one out there, for about $400 I'd probably look at a Shimano Stradic and maybe a berkley dropshot rod to run it on, which should get you to around $330 or so, leaving enough cash for some braid at the end of it.
Cheers
JOker

Less nets makes for a better world
Go to Top of Page

Waiwurri
30cm Bream

Australia
344 Posts

Member No: #516

Posted - 27 Nov 2009 :  08:44:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Waiwurri's Homepage Send Waiwurri a Private Message
Thanks Joker,

I agree there are plenty of combos that could be made up thats why I'm asking for everyones advice so i can sit back and think, have had an offer from the BLF site of some new gear which includes a Stradic (which I have 3 of)so I guess I'm still thinking . . .

Cheers

Cheers Scott
Nitro 640 LX
PopperN
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBream Forums © 2000-2014 AusBream.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000