AusBream Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Members Boat | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Classifieds
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Talkin' Tackle
 Rods, Reels and Lines
 FC Straight Through
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

msenior
30cm Bream

Australia
429 Posts

Member No: #1415

Posted - 19 Nov 2009 :  2:02:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit msenior's Homepage  Click to see msenior's MSN Messenger address Send msenior a Private Message
Hey guys
Been a while since i been around. Been fishing mainly with bass lately and man defineatly is some fun. Tried fishin for some brimbos again on the weekend but didn't get any hookups. Was of course trying some new lures and new land based spots. Oh well theres always next time.

My main spool for my Sol is ready to be redone and currently have 4lb on it. I am thinking of going to straight through FC. I have 3lb Sunline FC Basic or Basic FC at home and was wondering if i put backing on before the FC?

Cheers guys.
Mike

snag
Stonker

Australia
2175 Posts

Member No: #23

Posted - 19 Nov 2009 :  3:40:05 PM  Show Profile Send snag a Private Message
Dont see why you can not put backing on the spool if you dont have enough FC to cover the whole spool.

One thing i found is getting use to no braid it feels really funny and the stretch in the FC is like fishing with mono all over again.

Good luck with the switch over.

Supported by Diztec Lures
http://diztek.webs.com/
Go to Top of Page

craigtempo
20cm Bream

Australia
63 Posts

Member No: #1999

Posted - 19 Nov 2009 :  10:34:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit craigtempo's Homepage Send craigtempo a Private Message
yeah it should be fine

i use fc in 2lb straight through on a berkley drop shot 1-3kg and ive gotta say its my goto rod .
and my catch rate has gone up

craig
Go to Top of Page

msenior
30cm Bream

Australia
429 Posts

Member No: #1415

Posted - 20 Nov 2009 :  12:12:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit msenior's Homepage  Click to see msenior's MSN Messenger address Send msenior a Private Message
Thanks Snag and Craig
Will spool it up tonight ready for Sunday.

Cheers
Mike
Go to Top of Page

mick1968
40cm Bream Bluenose

Australia
528 Posts

Member No: #649

Posted - 20 Nov 2009 :  6:29:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit mick1968's Homepage Send mick1968 a Private Message
Sorry to hijack the post,
FOr the guys who are fishing fluro straight through, did you gradually go down in line sise or straight to the 2 & 3lb. I've been considering making the switch for my hard bodies, but i struggle with going to fluro after making the change to braid.

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

seamonkey
30cm Bream

292 Posts

Member No: #1775

Posted - 20 Nov 2009 :  8:32:56 PM  Show Profile Send seamonkey a Private Message
Mick

Start with a good tough FC like Berley Trilene Fluoro in 2lb or 4lb if your a bit nervous. Make sure its spooled properly and get used to it. Some of the Jap brands are very thin and fragile and might put you off before you get into it.

Smky
Go to Top of Page

fisherman
Stonker

Australia
1238 Posts

Member No: #1900

Posted - 21 Nov 2009 :  5:37:14 PM  Show Profile Send fisherman a Private Message
I've got some FC rock in 3lb, picked up a 300m spool for $19, which i think is a bit of a bargain?. I havent used backing but i have found that if i dont check the line for nicks, sometimes the line snaps during a cast. I basically use my 3lb for soft plastics as i dont have the confidence in the line to use hardbodies with (basically, i dont want to lose $20 when the line snaps...)

Regards,
Fisherman.

Fisherman

Proudly Sponsored by Cranka Lures & Samaki Rods
www.crankalures.com
www.samaki.com.au

Who stole the chubby from my tackle tray....**** did!
Go to Top of Page

craigtempo
20cm Bream

Australia
63 Posts

Member No: #1999

Posted - 21 Nov 2009 :  9:34:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit craigtempo's Homepage Send craigtempo a Private Message
no i just went straight to it from 6lb firelineBUT i wont attach $20 lures to it as i cant aford it .only sp,s .

as nike says --- just do it

craig
Go to Top of Page

snag
Stonker

Australia
2175 Posts

Member No: #23

Posted - 22 Nov 2009 :  09:37:48 AM  Show Profile Send snag a Private Message
Yer the same just went straight to 2lb and have lost a few chubbies in the process, but also caught some very nice fish.

Supported by Diztec Lures
http://diztek.webs.com/
Go to Top of Page

mick1968
40cm Bream Bluenose

Australia
528 Posts

Member No: #649

Posted - 23 Nov 2009 :  9:02:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit mick1968's Homepage Send mick1968 a Private Message
Thanks for the replies. I'll go and get some quality fluro and give it a go.
Might have to buy some cheaper lures first. Not too keen to start donating chubbies to the bream.

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

cmj
40cm Bream Bluenose

Australia
789 Posts

Member No: #431

Posted - 25 Nov 2009 :  8:48:40 PM  Show Profile  Click to see cmj's MSN Messenger address Send cmj a Private Message
Personally I use Famell 3lb Spinning Fluoro by Yamatoyo. Wayne Freibe put me onto it and its dynamite stuff. I am using it on a Shimano SOARE30 2500HGS and it takes the whole 100m. Its basically a magnesium bodied Stella with all the good gear inside, its light for a 2500 size reel. This reel has performed flawlessly with the Famell's. I use it for shallow crankbaits and have no dramas setting hooks at all.
I tried straight through on 1000 size reels and it coils the fluoro up too small.
Cheers
CMJ

If it looks fishy, well then it should hold fish.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBream Forums © 2000-2014 AusBream.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000