AusBream Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Members Boat | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Classifieds
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Talkin' Tackle
 Rods, Reels and Lines
 Fluoro, maybe not???
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

catchnrelease
40cm Bream Bluenose

Australia
896 Posts

Member No: #1298

Posted - 15 Oct 2009 :  8:45:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit catchnrelease's Homepage Send catchnrelease a Private Message
Hey all, I was wondering for those of you who use the Sunline FC Rock as a leader do you know whether it is a true fluorocarbon? The those of you who do not know how to check, take a bit of the line and burn it briefly so the tip just melts into a small ball. If it's black, then it's a true 100% flurocarbon. If it's clear, then it's monofilament. If it's clear but with a small amount of brown/black then it may be a fluorocarbon coated monofilament.

If anyone knows whether FC Rock is a true fluoro or not then that'd be great.

nathanl

Australia
1051 Posts

Member No: #1984

Posted - 16 Oct 2009 :  08:18:08 AM  Show Profile Send nathanl a Private Message
EJ Todd website says it is "100% fluorocarbon" so I guess it must be. I know on a dvd I saw that the FC Rock was desribed as the "more affordable" sunline fluorocarbon leader so maybe its a lower grade than the V.Hard but still 100% fluoro.

cheers,
Nathan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBream Forums © 2000-2014 AusBream.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000