AusBream Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Members Boat | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Classifieds
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Talkin' Tackle
 Rods, Reels and Lines
 Custom Built Loomis For Sale
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chopper
Stonker

Australia
1422 Posts

Member No: #6

Posted - 10 Jun 2005 :  2:30:08 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Chopper's MSN Messenger address Send Chopper a Private Message
Breamers,

I have a custom built G Loomis for sale. Originally built for another guy on this site who shall remain nameless (let's just call him Mr Lee - oops, sorry Greg )

The rod is built on a S782 G Loomis IMX blank. It features Titanium Titan guides, cork grips, Cobra style reel seat hoods with a woven graphite section in between, a hook keeper and Chopstix decals. Nice light rod rated 2-4kg. This rod has never been used and only came off the rollers last night. Asking $450 ono.

I personally have enough rods already and don't need any more, even though the thought of keeping it for myself crossed my mind a few times

Ask questions here or feel free to send me a PM. I'll try and post some pics tonight.

Cheers,
Billy K.

Edited by - Chopper on 13 Jun 2005 4:34:10 PM

marlin_dc
30cm Bream

Australia
194 Posts

Member No: #445

Posted - 14 Jun 2005 :  9:39:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit marlin_dc's Homepage  Click to see marlin_dc's MSN Messenger address  Send marlin_dc a Yahoo! Message Send marlin_dc a Private Message
hi chopper,

i know i shldn't be doing this but damn that sounds like an attractive rod setup. Any chance we could get a couple of pics. To be honest i am pretty interested in the rod. Damn the tackle itch!!

regards
DArryl
Go to Top of Page

Chopper
Stonker

Australia
1422 Posts

Member No: #6

Posted - 15 Jun 2005 :  06:58:48 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Chopper's MSN Messenger address Send Chopper a Private Message
OK - here are some photo's of the Loomis for sale. I also forgot to mention in the previous post that it was 6'6" in length.

Image Insert:

88.17 KB

Woven graphite reel seat Cobra style hoods
Image Insert:

87.76 KB

Titanium Titan guides - note: crappy photo of guide. They are not air bubbles or dust in the epoxy.
Image Insert:

20.65 KB

Cheers,
Billy K.

Edited by - Chopper on 16 Jun 2005 07:24:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

marlin_dc
30cm Bream

Australia
194 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2005 :  08:42:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit marlin_dc's Homepage  Click to see marlin_dc's MSN Messenger address  Send marlin_dc a Yahoo! Message Send marlin_dc a Private Message
Thats one beauty of a rod chopper,

Unfortunately a fellow forumer's dog decided that my mako sunnies was an ideal chew toy and had a solid go at it. Would get the rod if i didn't need to get the frames replaced. Will get back to u after i see if i can get the frames replaced cheap. hehe thats unless u are willing to lower the price a fair bit

regards
DArryl
Go to Top of Page

bmar560
30cm Bream

Australia
284 Posts

Member No: #452

Posted - 17 Jun 2005 :  4:01:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit bmar560's Homepage Send bmar560 a Private Message
Apologies Darryl, the dog is biting everything around the house now.

cheers,
Mario

cheers,
Mario
http://users.tpg.com.au/adsly8a7
Go to Top of Page

marlin_dc
30cm Bream

Australia
194 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2005 :  8:30:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit marlin_dc's Homepage  Click to see marlin_dc's MSN Messenger address  Send marlin_dc a Yahoo! Message Send marlin_dc a Private Message
haha no worries mario,

You know i love rusty all the same. He is such an adorable bunch of skin. Anyway managed to find a replacement frame. Its all gd. Now i gotta source for some cash for that beaut of a rod.

regards
Darryl
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBream Forums © 2000-2014 AusBream.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000